HARMONICS® WITH SplashDefense™ LAMINATE RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY
Harmonics® with SplashDefense™ laminate flooring comes with a Limited Lifetime Residential Warranty1. This residential warranty covers defects in material and/or workmanship which relate to joint integrity, staining, fading, wear-through, and moisture resistance2 during normal residential use. Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate floors will not be damaged by localized topical spills provided they are removed within 24-hours. Harmonics® with SplashDefense® is ideal for use in bathrooms and kitchens when proper installation and maintenance instructions are followed.
The Uniclic® locking system will not fail³.
Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate flooring will resist staining4 .
Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate flooring will resist fading from exposure to sunlight or artificial light5 .
Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate flooring wear layer will not wear through the design layer6 .
Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate flooring will resist water damage under normal use7 .
To qualify for any repair or replacement, you will need to provide the original dated sales receipt or other documentation to demonstrate proof of purchase. For your records, fill in the following information and keep in a safe place with your original documentation.
Costco Store Number: ____________________________________
Costco Store Address ____________________________________
Purchase Date _________________________________________________
Product Name _________________________________________________
THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY EXTENDED AND REPLACES ANY STATUTORY WARRANTIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW.
Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose
The manufacturer provides detailed information in its product literature regarding appropriate applications for its laminate flooring. Failure to comply with recommended applications voids this warranty. There are no warranties extended beyond the description on the face hereof.
Implied Warranties Limited in Duration and Scope
The Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act limits disclaimers of implied warranties involving consumer products. To the maximum extent allowable by federal and state law, this warranty supplements or supersedes federal and state consumer goods warranty protections. There are no warranties extended beyond the description on the face hereof.
General Terms and Conditions for Laminate Warranties
Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate flooring carries the specific warranties listed above. In addition to the requirements specified for each of those particular warranties, the following general terms and conditions also apply. If you have questions regarding the warranty information, please contact your local Costco store, the manufacturer or our website www.harmonicsflooring.com.
1. This warranty applies only to the first owner and the first installation of the product and may not be transferred. The “first owner” is the person stated as the buyer on the purchase document(s). This warranty applies only to first quality Harmonics® brand purchases made after the edition date of these warranty conditions for the designated time period when the product is installed in a private residence and according to the manufacturer’s recommended installation instructions.
2. This product warranty only applies to manufacturing defects inherent to the material supplied. This means any material or production defects, acknowledged by the manufacturer. It includes the delamination or reduced resistance of the wear layer, but does not include, in beveled-edge products, wear along the edges of the planks less than 3/16” (5mm) from the edge. The manufacturer will repair or replace the product, at its option. When replacement of the flooring is made, only new planks from the current product range at the time the complaint is upheld will be supplied. There will be no other form of compensation. Responsibility under this warranty only applies to hidden defects. These are defects that were not visible before or during the installation of the laminate floor. If the product was originally professionally installed, the manufacturer will cover reasonable labor costs. The manufacturer can never be held liable and is not responsible for any secondary damage or consequential damages.
3. This warranty does not cover damage to the product caused by installation errors. The product must be installed following the Harmonics® with SplashDefense® installation instructions using approved accessories.
4. The lifetime locking warranty on the Uniclic® joint only applies to open joints greater than 0.01 inches (0.2mm).
5. This warranty applies only to first quality Harmonics® with SplashDefense® laminate flooring installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended installation instructions in indoor climate controlled residential spaces. Proof of compliance with the installation and maintenance instructions recommended by the manufacturer must be provided if a claim is filed. The installation instructions are included in the cartons of product or may be viewed at www.harmonics-flooring.com. If installation is not performed by the end user, at least one copy of the installation and maintenance instructions and this residential warranty must be provided to the end user by the installer.
6. This warranty does not apply to laminate flooring that has been put to abnormal use or conditions or abused in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing/appliance leaks, storm or flood; damage from smoke, fire or other casualty events; damage caused by negligence; improper alterations of the original manufactured product. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a laminate floor in a residential environment. The damage to the product must be evident, measuring per product unit (plank) at least 1.40 square centimeter or 0.5 square inch, and must not be the result of abusive, abnormal conditions or accidents, such as but not limited to, damage of a mechanical nature, severe impact or scratches (caused by dragging objects or furniture) or cutting. The feet of furniture must always be covered with appropriate protective material. Chairs, sofas or furniture with castors must be fitted with soft rubber wheels or an adequate protective mat or protective castor cups must be put under this furniture.
7. A suitable mat or sufficiently large transition area at the entrance door(s) must be used to prevent sand and/or dust from damaging the flooring. Scratching during and after installation is not covered. Gloss reduction is not surface wear.
8. This warranty does not apply to damage from exposure to extreme heat, dryness, water saturation or stains as a result of chemical or industrial products (other than recommended cleaning products). The floor may not be installed in damp and/or humid areas, in extremely dry areas or areas where there are extremely high temperatures (such as saunas or swimming pool areas).
9. The water resistance warranty does not apply to damage caused by events beyond everyday household spills including, but not limited to, flooding, standing water (water that remains on the floor longer than 24 hours), leaking pipes, mechanical failures or appliance leaks. This 24-hour moisture resistance warranty applies to Harmonics® with SplashDefense® only.
10. This warranty excludes damage caused by water or moisture trapped beneath the floor due to improper sub-flooring or underlayment including but not limited to damage from hydrostatic pressure (water or moisture under the floor that is transmitted to the surface through exerted pressure) or other conditions that result in water or moisture being below the floor.
11. Overly wet cleaning and/or the use of inappropriate cleaning products are not covered under this warranty. Prolonged water exposure could damage your laminate flooring.
12. Flooring planks must be checked carefully for material defects before and during installation and under sufficient lighting. Products with visible defects must not be installed under any circumstances. The retailer must be informed in writing of such defects within 15 days. After this time has elapsed, no further complaints will be accepted. Color and gloss differences resulting from material added to an existing installation at a later date and non-warranty repairs are excluded from coverage.
13. Under no circumstances will the manufacturer be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience, expenses, costs or other consequential damages caused by or resulting directly or indirectly from a problem about which a claim was made.
14. Pro Ration of Warranty Period. The Limited Lifetime Residential warranty period is pro rata over 33 years. A pro rata warranty is one that provides for a refund or credit that decreases according to a set formula as the warranty period progresses. The Harmonics® with SplashDefense® original warranty value is reduced by the amount of time that you own it. When a claim is made, the value of the warranty becomes a percentage of ownership per year based upon the 33 years for the general warranty for flooring, and accessories and/or 33 years on the integrity of the Uniclic joint. Any services provided as part of this warranty do not extend the original warranty period. If the product for which a claim is made is no longer available, the customer will be able to choose a Harmonics® Flooring product of equal value from the current product range. Warranty coverage is limited to a one-time floor replacement.
For service under this warranty, installation, maintenance and technical questions please call 1-888-459-9220.
Harmonics® Flooring is manufactured and distributed by
Unilin North America LLC
550 Cloniger Drive
Thomasville, NC 27360
Print date 11/20/2017
1 See General Terms and Conditions point 14
2 See General Terms and Conditions points 1-14
3 See General Terms and Conditions points 4-5
4 See General Terms and Conditions point 8
5 See General Terms and Conditions points 12
6 See General Terms and Conditions points 6-7
7 See General Terms and Conditions points 8-11